William K. Vincett, O.D.
As principal consultant and advisor at Vincett Consulting Group, I offer clients a unique advantage in navigating the complex challenges and transformations within our industry. Drawing on my vast experience, expansive network, and multi-generational history, I bring forth invaluable knowledge and resources that can accelerate your journey to achieving your goals, and in many cases, surpass what you can accomplish independently.
If you are a practice owner seeking growth, improvement, or transition, you can be assured I have personally experienced many of the difficulties you may be facing. I have walked in your shoes and understand the financial and emotional factors that drive the need for making well-informed decisions.
If you are an eye care company, professional group, or private equity investor, my authentic perspective, and peer and industry connections can expedite your growth and progress.
- Developed operational and financial benchmarks for over 200 private practice locations, enabling actionable insights and identification of areas for improvement.
- Performed more than 150 practice/office location valuations for the purposes of acquisition, sale, site development, or rebranding.
- Facilitated more than $2 million in industry support for professional group meetings.
- Key opinion leader/advisory board member for Percept Corporation, Eyedaptic, and others who have requested anonymity.
- Advisory member for Practice Management Associates and Pennsylvania Focus Group.
- Performed more than 20 clinical studies for contact lens manufacturers.
- Developed keratoconus and complex prescription specialty.
- Early adopter of corneal topography, OptoMap, OCT … among other technologies.
- Authored articles and provided professional comment for Contact Lens Spectrum, Optometric Management, Optometry Today, 20/20 Magazine, and various local television stations and newspapers.
- One of the first health care practitioners in the U.S. to use digital marketing for patient engagement, practice building, and online reputation management.
- Grew to a 14-doctor practice providing care in four locations.
- Upon acquisition of Boston office, implemented practice growth strategies resulting in a 53% revenue increase within 24 months, from $1.7M to $2.6M.
- Developed proprietary templates for adding OD associates and staff.
- Ranked Vision Monday Top 50 Optical Retailer in the U.S. from 2015 – 2019.
- Sold practice in 2019 to MyEyeDr. (Exited the practice at time of sale.)
The VCG Team
My group consists of seasoned professionals with extensive experience in various aspects of practice management. In addition to my skill set, the team I have assembled excels in optometric practice accounting, bookkeeping, legal and contract services, frame and lens procurement, optical showroom planning and merchandising, and practice marketing.
I consider this group of folks to be the best in the industry at what they do, easy to work with, and highly effective at helping me help you.
On a personal note …
When I am not traveling for VCG or visiting my adult children, my home base varies. However, you will always find me and my wife Chris near water – residing in our home on the banks of the Allegheny River in our hometown of Pittsburgh, in our condo high above Boston Harbor in the city’s Financial District, or wintering on the gulf coast of Florida in Longboat Key.
We are currently in the midst of consolidating our residences and building a custom home in Scituate, Massachusetts – hence, the lighthouse inspiration for VCG! To me, the nearby Minot’s Ledge Light with its fascinating history and the quickly changing weather patterns that surround it, symbolize the resilience, endurance, and trusted guidance needed to successfully navigate today’s eye care industry.
While I no longer actively practice as an optometrist, I derive personal satisfaction from contributing to my profession through my consultancy work.